Korero about past events
There are a number of upcoming IronMāori events - for the event in your area see: http://www.sportsground.co.nz/ironmaori/36605/.
Hauora Health Promotion Forum of New Zealand full calendar of events: http://www.hauora.co.nz/calendar-of-hpf-events.html
Other past events
- Māori Concepts of Health Promotion Workshop Whakatane website
- Whakapuāwaitia Ngāi Māori 2030: Thriving as Māori 2030. This Māori Workforce Service Forecast, released August 2013, sets out recommendations for future quality health services against the backdrop of a thriving economy with high standards of living, employment and quality education by 2030 for Māori and Whānau. Health Workforce New Zealand has formed an internal governance group to consider strengthening Māori leadership and governance as a priority to enhance coordination of Māori workforce activities.
- Health Promotion Forum AGM 2013 5-6.30pm Wednesday 13 November 2013 at the Parnell Community Centre, 545 Parnell Road, Parnell, Auckland.
- Move Maori Health & Fitness Symposium - This sounds like an exciting event. At Parliament 13-14 November. Includes Chumpchange cocktail dinner & awards. Earlybird rate till 13 October. “We are dedicated to working with health providers and practitioners to create user friendly tools and services to make the journey to better health both affordable and achievable.” http://movemaori.com/
- TriMāori Festival 23 November 2013 at Lake Karapiro - includes triathlon, CrossFit Waikato Championships, health providers and checks (can you volunteer for this?), quick hauora seminars, tamariki activities, business & food stalls, fun and demonstrations and music.
- Māori Concepts of Health: traditional and cultural approaches to health and wellbeing - run by the Health Promotion Forum, recommended by PNZ. Coromandel Friday 29 November